Allantoin Powder, Information and where to buy Allantoin Powder
Allantoin Powder is a free-flowing hygroscopic powder mainly used to enhance skin care related moisturizing creams and lotions. Allantoin Powder is known as an excellent additive due it’s anti-irritating properties, and for moisturizing, and skin protecting properties. Allantoin is found in many products used to for skin protection, diaper rash, lip protection, and other topicals.
Producers and sellers, as well as users of pure allantoin cite many key benefits of using it in skin care for its ability to protect skin, help regenerate new skin growth, and produce younger looking smoother skin. Because of its many benefits, allantoin is also an ideal addition to products like sun care preparations, anti-aging topicals and other compounds that reportedly help heal, reverse some of the signs of aging and reducing skin damage.
Allantoin is proven to be a safe and effective additive (or active) in the dosage range recommended (0.5 to 2.0%) as a skin protectant. It is considered to be nontoxic, nonirritating and non-allergenic.
The FDA has approved the following statements for non-prescription, drug products containing Allantoin at 0.5% to 2.0%.:
- For the temporary protection of minor cuts, scrapes, burns and sunburn.
- Helps prevent and temporarily protects chafed, chapped, cracked, or wind burned skin and lips.
- Relieves dryness and softens cold sores and fever blisters.
- Helps treat and prevent diaper rash. Protects chafed skin/minor skin irritation due to/associated with diaper rash and helps protect from/seal out wetness.
- Helps with minor cuts, scrapes, burns, fever blisters.
- Important Note: The FDA, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration says Allantoin at 0.5 to 2.0% concentration can be used for the prevention and treatment of chafed, chapped, cracked, sunburned or wind burned skin or lips, cold sores, fever blisters and diaper rash, but considers these claims claims as drug claims ( you will need a prescription).When Allantoin is added to a personal care product and no claims are made the product remains a cosmetic. Our advice? Only use Allantoin as a cosmetic and do not make claims.
Solubility: Allantoin is water soluble at 2% or less. Incorporate into the water phase or emulsion of your formula. If you are adding to a water based product, add to water at 120 f or below to avoid crystallization
Suggested typical Use Levels in various products:
Lotions & Creams: 0.5 – 2.0 %
Bar Soaps: 0.05 –2.0 %
Lip Balms or Lip Stick: 0.5 – 2.0%
ALLANTOIN POWDER is a White, odorless, crystalline powder.