Are you looking for information about menthol crystals so you can get the best value?
Menthol Crystals, known as Mentha arvensis (Japanese Peppermint), are popular in many top analgesics reported to help relieve sore muscles. They are also used in many products to relieve a stuffy nose and symptoms of colds.
Menthol crystals are used just for their strong familiar fragrance. They are great as an all natural aromatic menthol aromatherapy, or blend them in to your top creams, lotions and balms, along with other essential oils.
QUALITY MENTHOL CRYSTALS
Quality Menthol crystals are steam distilled from Mentha Arvensis (Indian Corn Mint). Mentha Oil, the pure mint from where menthol crystals start, is made from mint plants. The plants are known as Corn mint (Mentha Arvensis) and Peppermint (Mentha piperita). The leaves and whole plants of these mint crops are steam distilled to form the oil. Mentha Oil distilled from Corn mint, contains higher concentrations of the active component, L- Menthol.. This is where the prime menthol oil is obtained and where the best menthol crystals are derived from.
Dissolving and using MENTHOL CRYSTALS
The best way to use menthol is to first crush the crystals, then dissolve them. Menthol Crystals dissolve readily in alcohol or in essential oils . They can also be dissolved into water or oil at their melting point of 111.2ºF. One very popular essential oil used to dissolve them is pure Eucalyptus essential oil. Try different ratios of menthol crystals to Eucalyptus oil to get just the right fragrance you want of this popular blend.
Afterwards add them to your favorite lotions and creams, and other creations. Often a solubilizer like polysorbate might be used to help blend them together. The typical use rate is to blend 1 part menthol to 3-4 parts Polysorbate 20 or polysorabte 80 for example.
Menthol Crystals find applications in MANY other ways:
- Creams: Make menthol foot creams, and menthol lotions and creams.
- Making special blends: The fragrance of Menthol Crystals Mixes well with: Basil, eucalyptus, geranium, grapefruit, juniper, lavender, lemon, myrrh, pine, rosemary, spearmint, tea tree, and wintergreen.
- Aromatherapy: Menthol is soothing. Soothing fragrances are thought to provide relief for stress and anxiety. Place a few crystals in oil warmer with a small amount of oil for aromatherapy.
- Menthol is to make top quality lip balm and throat products. It is reported to help reduce inflammation, and soothe a sore throat.
- Bee keepers often use Menthol Crystals to help eliminate mites in bee hives.
- Menthol is used as a natural fragrance ingredient to bring out the scents and flavors of floral fragrances and additives.
- Freshening Breath: Menthol is in many oral hygiene products like toothpaste, mouth spray, mouthwash and other edible items that assist in preventing bad breath.
Typical usage rate is 2.5 to 5% in most products.
Always research and test formulations
Warning – Not for use in or near eyes.
Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
SOURCES FOR MENTHOL CRYSTALS
Are you looking for reliable sources for top quality menthol crystals? Here are two sources:
- www.saveoncitric.com here is the link for Menthol crystals
- www.makeyourown.buzz link to Menthol Crystals
We import menthol crystals direct from the best sources in the world. Before you buy menthol crystals anywhere elselet us get you a current quote. If you receive a better quote on any quantity, give us a chance to meet it. We pride ourselves on offering the best quality and prices anywhere online. Ask us about special pricing on half container or full container loads. For large wholesale quotes, contact our home office, at email@example.com or call Mark direct.
We also reviewed other popular formulating ingredients including Glycerin, Unrefined Shea Butter, Allantoin powder, Citric Acid, and Sodium Bicarbonate and Sodium Alginate for your convenience – so check that information out.